Friday 8 May 2015

Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

This is the first book of Terry pratchett's I every read. When I was about seven my mum had this and feet of clay, I was obsessed with the covers. I would sometimes stare at them for a good hour. I would play with them when ever I could get my hands on them. I love the covers still to this day. I love the written words even more. I find it unfair so much comical genius is given to one man alone *sigh* No who am I kidding I LOVE the fact! This one is about the witches. Granny weatherwax, Nanny Ogg and Magrat. These three characters have enough spark to light a huge village and half the world with.
Another thing I adore about them is they seem so foolish, so witty and sometimes downright rude but really they are a force to be reckoned with. No matter how silly it sometimes gets you also know that no matter what they face they win. plain and simple. In this novel you see the king killed and suddenly become a ghost, you see the real heir as a baby took by loyal servants and left with the witches and you see the scoundrel over take the throne. The witches decide to hide the baby with a traveling theatre and give him three gifts as godmothers should. The scoundrel demands that the witches be brought in and I love that fact the guards do not want to. Utterly fantastic. This is the book of all books that began my whole discworld fanatic life, from if i'm honest childhood. I really, really do not like to ruin these books with the telling of them that will do them no justice (for me there are no words good enough to even just explain the wit.) If you haven't read the discworld collection this could be a great place for you to start, if you don't mind a bit of backtracking (this will have no effect to the other stories, you will not miss anything but you must read the rest) Happy reading *smile as big as the cheshire cat*
                                  THE END!


No comments:

Post a Comment