Friday 1 May 2015

Half Wild by Sally Green

So it starts with Nathan naked. (Yep I said it, naked.) Covered in blood. With a body by his side. Since his father gave him three gifts he has been changing into an animal (obviously sounding like a wolf but who knows maybe it could be a bear). Although he can not ever remember changing or what happens.He do remember feeling when the animal is stirring.
While finding Gabriel  (his only friend) *sigh* he ends up meeting two new black witches, who saved said friend. Nesbitt and Van. Who have teamed up with blacks and whites (who feel the council has become to much) and made a sort of odd resistance.... Oh did I mention Nathan and Gabriel have handed them over a magical Amulet "WHAT?" Yeah I know right! Who hands over a magic object to people they do not really know......


By this point I definitely think Gabriel is in love with Nathan (who is in love with Annalise (the moo cow) "poor Garbriel"!! I never would of guessed she was going for the whole Gay friend. I love him. More in half bad but love all the same.
Van binds Nathan and Gabriel and sends them into a dream like state to find Gabriel's lost black witch soul (how cool would that be?) (Hang on, they trusted her again, well actually I suppose they have no choice Gabriel needs his witchiness back)This book is so much better than the first with idea's! They are plunged back into the dream thingy three times and hours have gone by in the real world but minutes in the dream/soul. Sounds like fun! Would I do it? Hell yeah.... Would you?
I think Nesbitt is always underestimated, which is lame. They treat him like a trolley boy *scowling face* he came into it cocky and ended up handing out the tea for half the book *blugh*
Nathan, now this one is perfect, a little unsure of what to say to people, likes to be alone (wouldn't you if all your life you'd been treated like shit?) And loyal! I hope to see him end up just a tad bit more BADASS!
Van I do not know what I think of her! Call me crazy but she seems to be a means to an end type of character (some might disagree) certainly not a boss (why oh why put her as one?) I maybe started liking her a little bit but just maybe.
Marcus, Marcus,  Marcus I do not even need to say any more than that!
Up until now I had only read half. I write in sections so I don't forget what I want to write. I wouldn't want the next half spoilt for me, so I refuse to write any more. Go read it if you like witches, turning into animals and some crazy ass people. If you have gone to read Half Bad>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>> (http://lovefantasyfantasylove.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/half-bad-by-sally-green.html) and put it back down because of pace pick it back up it will be totally worth it in the long run. Some parts are unneeded I personally think, as a whole I do not wish I could return it to the shop. There is something about the world Sally Green creates that made me want to keep finding out...
I would write more but it's to good that I do not want to ruin it for anyone who haven't read it. The end though OMG son of a b****. Shocking stuff! I didn't think would go down in this book YAAAAAY! !  what are you still reading for go and buy it and try it........

No comments:

Post a Comment