Tuesday 26 May 2015

Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett

This is such a brilliant take on movie making. I kept putting off reading this one for some reason or another (even though I totally love each and every single one of this mans books) and as these thing go, I loved every second of it. The characters are always amazing with Terry Pratchett (got to state the obvious.) I could almost believe this was the real telling of how the moving pictures started (ha ha) and even if not then at least a funnier better version.
Holy Wood (ha ha) has a dark secret. Everyone is drawn to the making of pictures. Victor Tugelbend ("Can't sing. Can't dance. Can handle a sword a little") and (Theda Withel (I come from a little town you've probably never heard of") go to discover what this is (This is brilliant, I love when authors write things like this in a book, you know the 'what they have said' after a name or the 'the name and what is written on graves' etc when talking about someone (if you don't know what I mean never mind haha)..). These two could very nearly be favourite characters of mine, very nearly. I can not stress enough how much this made me laugh. He uses real things and changes them to his own marvelous funny things (Holy Wood and so on.) In this instalment we get The wizards, Gaspode, Dibbler, Actually these are great but a lot partake in this book ( like I said nearly everyone wants to be involved) they even walk from Ankh Morpork. If you like real things with a real good twist read this book in fact read them all. Terry Pratchett knows everything about everything and is willing to make everything his own. He is a masterpiece of knowledge and wit. Just Pure Brilliance!

No comments:

Post a Comment