Thursday 14 May 2015

The Dark Heroine by Abigail Gibbs

I read somewhere once that this girl was nineteen when she wrote this (or younger and it got published at 19). That has to be a huge thing for any author. Yes she may only just be getting into it, yes she has years till she become great but the point is that at nineteen she still had a huge fan base. (enough to get published!) I've read a few reviews where people say allsorts of bad things. In truth at that ages most novelists can not get published. I say good for her. At least she's gone with her dream. At least she put in the effort. Eventually the more she writes the better she will become.... I really enjoyed this book, yes it has it's flaws but so do people. Once I picked it up I had to pry it from my hands just to sleep for the night. The action starts from the very beginning which I thought finally. Violet Lee is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Trafalgar square. Where she ends up hidden (after a night out) while Vampires kill Hunters.

She's in the middle of a god damn war/massacre. One (Kaspar Varn) vampire spots her and of course she has seen to much and takes her to be a play thing.....
While hostage of a huge vampire family, they discover her father is not someone they want war with. (or is he.) This is a love story. So if you are into your vampire romances this is for you. There is action, things do happen, warped, cool and funny.
She makes friends with fabian (who I think is more of a dickhead than Kaspar)
Kasper remains cruel to Violet (not that she cares). Something happens that makes her realise just how easy to kill she is and her main source of comfort comes from the one and only cruel varn. All the way through this book Violet has a voice in her head (that has always been there) so instead of having just her voice in her head (you know how you think?) she has two, one that don't belong.
There is the Heroine prophecy too, going on through out the novel.....
'Her fate is set in stone,
Bound to sit up the second throne.
Destined to betray her kin; She lives in his past sin,
Bathed in the blood of the black rose above.
No birth, no time, no choice,
For the girl, born to impassion the nine.'
 This is the verse of the prophecy for the second heroine, there is to be nine in total. Which is a really good plot line (I think). So far each of her books is from another member of the prophecy's point of view (which I love the idea of.) So much happens in this book, it's hard to get through it all to what I liked best. I think everyone should give this girl a chance, I mean come on, one day she will be brilliant her idea's are perfect. I'm not a total fan of vampire romance (I've read a few, for something to read) I prefere Anne Rice or Bram Stoker but this has a lot of interesting things other than just romance. I would say this has been my favourite vampire romance so far..... I'm now going to put this on my reading list again because I forgot how much I liked some of the characters. Young Adults give her a chance...
Plus the cover is just perfect for the theme of the book. Black edged pages and a black rose *swoon* I love it.....!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment