Wednesday 13 May 2015

Splintered by A. G. Howard

This is technically for young adults. I seem to own a lot of these haha. This is a take on Alice in Wonderland and a good one at that. Alyssa Gardener is Alice Liddell's great-great-great-Granddaughter (or so she thinks ;)!!!). Madness has runs through the family ever since Alice. Alyssa's mum is in an asylum and Morpheus (the caterpillar/moth) keeps coming to try to take her to wonderland. Plants and insects talk to her. And so on. Then she ends up in wonderland *fist pump* (come on... Who wouldn't want to go there?) All the usual characters are in this but with a twist. I thought -once I got past the beginning and more into the wonder- that A. G. Howard done a marvellous job. She has made a famous story her own and rocked it (my opinion). I never seen the end coming or how much I would love Morpheus and Alice. My only problem was Jeb (the friend/crush) it felt like he got in my way *sigh*(maybe you will like him...) I would say it's definitely an amazing twist on the original so yerh if you're in the age group or even older you may enjoy this read. Don't give up (like I went to) it totally starts to kick in, see I don't even want to ruin it for you ;)....... And just look at that beautiful cover (don't you love it!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment