Friday 8 May 2015

Grave Minder by Melissa Marr

The overall idea of grave minding drew me in. Imagine having to mind graves? "spooooooky" (ghost story type voice) I thought ghosts or maybe I don't know something but did I expect zombies? No I did not!
*GRRRJHGHJ* The idea I like but that's where it ends. Grandmother dies (gets eaten by a girl yuk) and you have to return to the place and the man you left behind to make sure the graves are cared for or else (dun, dun, dun). So I thought to myself just give it a try, let it have a chance. ERGH big mistake no matter how much I liked the idea and the characters I could not read more than half of this novel. I mean i'm a huge fan of pretty much any idea. I've even watched a few zombie films but to read about someone let alone a girl eating flesh it turns out is just not for me. This is in fact the first book I have not read till the end. I just couldn't do it. The writing is beautiful the words are not. I tried, I really tried I just couldn't do it. If it had only been monsters or something, anything but flesh eating (creepy) maybe this is for you?.... I might at some point pick it back up and re-try but that day is not today and it certainly is not in the seeable future. I do how ever want to know what happens to these characters so maybe it could be sooner than I thought.......


No comments:

Post a Comment