Friday 8 May 2015

Unbreakable by Kami Garcia

Okay so I literally read the hell outta this one. One night and it was finished. Did I love it? Yes I did. Kennedy (the main) started to grow on me from the first moments and by the end I was ready to be bff's *snort laugh* I felt for her I really did and I don't often. This book starts in a graveyard with the main chasing after her cat (Elvis, I mean any cat named that is bound to be trouble), bare footed and alone at dark. Something moved between headstones (all panic about now) "Sorry" my voice wavered "I'm looking for my cat." The stranger didn't say a word. (wooooo, scary)
The girl in the white dress had legs *phew* oh nope her bare feet is not touching ground. (just run screaming already) The cat darted out past the girl toward Kennedy. She leaves but not before glancing back, the girl has gone. Mother stiffens when she finds out where she had been getting the cat from and basically tells her never to go into a cemetery at night. The next day her friend Elle tries to convince her to go to the movies, she reluctantly agrees. Her mum gives her a pair of black boots (the one's she really wanted). The cats also has been acting weird. She's told to be home by midnight and off she goes. Five minutes earlier than expected she arrives home, all the lights are off. Mum usually waits up for her (strange). "Mom?" No answer. I'm stalling, basically she finds her mum dead on the bed with the cat on top of her..... (sad right) Her aunt the only family she has left (except the father who left her and her mum) say she has song long to pack up her stuff she can stay with her Elle until it's done and then she has to go to a boarding school (Lame). She decides to spend one last night in her home alone and of course wakes with the cat on top of her (creepy) trying to kill her. Two brothers (twins) come to the rescue Lukas and Jared Lockhart. After this it all starts to get interesting. The boys tell her about the legion a group of five who stop angry spirits and demons from wreaking havoc on earth, waiting to stop the main one Andras. They tell her she is a member, to prove this all she has to do is get marked by killing a vengeance spirit. She don't believe them, then they tell her the five previous members are dead her mother being one of them. (holy crap) The boys take her back to there base to meet Alara and Priest (the other two members of the legion). Together they go on a mission to find the pieces they believe will keep Andras locked up forever. To do this they have to get the pieces off several different vengeance spirits (all who have died horrible deaths) spread around in different places. (ROAD TRIP, hell yerh). Kennedy starts to fall for Jared (the brooding brother) while Lukas falls in love with her (such drama) I personally liked Lukas more although Jared did grow on me. I loved Priest (the clever one) and Alara (the tough one) and as a group these five worked fantastic together. As a whole this book made me want to be a legion member destined to defeat the demons. *KAAAA_CHINGGG* I think it would of been fun trying to out smart spirits or even fight them. The end you will never see coming! This book is something special and the next gets even better. Go to your nearest bookstore immediately ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment