Thursday 7 May 2015

M is for Magic by Neil Gaiman

The introduction was indeed a marvellous introduction! I believe everyone can or will understand where he is coming from. A lot of your childhood is made up of short stories. Brilliant things they are and will carry on being so for many years to come. Yep you got it this book is made up of short stories, eleven to be precise.

At first I was confused as to why magic, then I started thinking well most stories have some sort of magic all on there own whether it being fantasy, horror, sci-fi or even non-fiction. There is something about the words being put together in certain ways that makes each and everything I read magical.
These are most definitely nonsense. Every story was magic in it's own way.
These are my favourites.......


The case of the Four and Twenty Blackbirds...
This is about Jack Horner (you know 'little jack horner') infact this is about detective horner. Someone killed humpty dumpty. He did not actually fall off the wall he was pushed.... dun dun dunnnnn. I could not help but smile all the way through this (sad I know).

Don't ask Jack...
This is four pages long, four damn pages. You know that feeling when the hairs on your neck stand on end? Yep that feeling. Well I had that while reading this. Four pages brought about that. It needed to be longer to keep the effect but it was there all the same.

October in the chair....
This starts with the months of the year sat around a fire camp drinking apple cider telling stories. October tells a story about a boy called Runt. Runt being the name he is nicknamed by the older brothers. Anyway Runt runs away. He takes a bus, then walks for a while. He ends up in the meadow by an old farmhouse. Then a ghost of a little boy shows up so on, so on, so on.. It's freaky in it's own way!

I just realised I was about to write them all down. They are all my favourites. I do not think I could possibly choose between them! *Palm smack* Why don't you see if you can decide??

No comments:

Post a Comment