Thursday 14 May 2015

Abandon by Meg Cabot

Okay, so I read this in one night (due to easy reading, mainly) Pierce Oliviera knows what it's like to die (oh yes she do) .....Now Death wants her back (dun, dun, dunnnn.) Okay there is a good plot (it even includes greek myths.) This starts with... Anything can happen in the blink of an eye. Anything at all. One. Two. Three. Blink.
Then it describes persephone being took by hades and the narrator (Pierce) telling you it's just a myth. What happened to her, is not. So on, so on.
She then add... So take my advice: Whatever you do - Don't blink.
This page drew me in slightly, I wanted to know what happens to her when she blinks.

The next chapter starts. Once I died. (interesting.) Basically she drowned in her pool and ended up on the other side. Hayden (the lord of this underworld/the man who sees the dead on to the ferries) (she met when she was little and asked him to save a bird *eye roll*) takes her to his castle thing (he plans to keep her.) Which she escapes from.....
This is sort of written between the now and the then, so this happened before but she's telling you it in amongst other stuff. Right now her mother has thrown her a party (that she don't want.) Everyone where she lives thinks she's nuts and to top that off Hayden keeps turning up.
The overall book is OK, maybe I even enjoyed it. I just think it needed a bit of an older tone to it.
I love greek myths and there is just so much you can do with the hades one to really make it your own.
The idea was brilliant, I just can't help but think it needed something more (that didn't stop me from finishing the trilogy) There is actually a lot that happens and some stuff I wouldn't want to spoil. At one point she even finds out her gran is evil hahahaha. So these bits make it worth it all on there own. I would say the right age would be 14 for this series (shame it weren't older, it could of been brilliant) but this is the princess diaries author we're talking about soooo......


No comments:

Post a Comment