Monday 27 April 2015

The Raven Boy's by Maggie Stiefvater

I was in for it from the moment I read the first line....'Blue Sargent had forgotten how many times she'd been told that she would kill her true love.' Maggie Stiefvater is a sucker for these lines, I knew from the start I would not put this book down. God damn it I was meant to go out with friends, oh well (kinda thing) and as books go it only gets better as you read! 
I want Blue's family as my own. My mum reads tarots amazingly, but a full family under one roof WOW. I love her house, I love the way they are together, basically I love it all.
St Mark's Eve, Church yard, ghosts of the not yet dead. OMG! YES! Blue can see a boy's spirit though she can't see the others.... She asked, "will you tell me your name?"................. "Gansey", he said....... "Is that all?" she whispered.
Gansey closed his eyes. "That's all there is."
"There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St Mark's Eve, Blue. Either you're his true love," Neeve said, "or you kill him." ..... Maggie you are trying to kill me!! She is going to kill her true love. Death by kiss. What! 
Then the boys are introduced. Gansey, Adam, Ronan and Noah. They remind me of stand by me. That kind of innocence but not innocence at the same time. They know what they are doing and nothing is going to stop them. I love the wildness of it all. Boys being boys plain and simple. So cool when someone gets it so spot on.
I know from half way what I want Gansey to be to Blue. Adam with Blue just annoys me. I love Adam but just as who he is.
You find yourself wanting more Ronan and I feel you need more Noah to really love him.
The group love each other and that is brilliant to be a part of, even if you are just reading. GO AND BUY THESE BOOKS RIGHT AWAY!!
None of my friends read. Which makes me depressed, I've been dying to tell someone to read The Raven Boy's for agesss.....

No comments:

Post a Comment