Tuesday 28 April 2015

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Reviewed this... Poooof review magically did not save! Making me extremely moody! Read the prequel trilogy, William Herondale was a gem (excuse the lame ass pun), Tess was great. Amazing series. So I then picked up these.....
Because demon slaying is addictive, witty characters are lovable and badasses are fun. This book was the best out of six, I fell in love all over again with the shadow world. What I don't get is How can a prequel be better than the original?

One thing I will say for Cassandra Clare is, no matter how irritated you get you still want to read the next.
Her writing take you to places unseen, people unseeable, and you see them. If you like the unseeable grab these books, demons, werewolves, vampires, faeries it has them all.
Jace was witty and sarcastic my favourite qualities. Clary did not annoy me as most leads do, I even had a sort of soft spot for her.  The Lightwoods are very nearly my favourite. Then there's Simon (who done my head in pining over Clary) but once he stopped he was pretty great. Magnus Bane is most certainly one of my top 10 characters of all time.
The silent brother always helps (poor jem) I still love him!
magical runes and the silent brothers, every part of it is gothic.
Over all I loved the idea of the plot, it made me keep reading, it will make you keep reading and that says a lot all on it's own. But only read once.....
........Who am I kidding I still love all of these books now, even after reading each one twice *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment