Tuesday 28 April 2015

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Okay so this gets a 3.5 maybe a 4 from me. There is something about writers that can set the whole book in nearly the same place all the way through with out it getting repetitive or boring.
The cave in this book really does it for me. I now have this thing for any books written like this one!! Interesting plot, let's face it better than her other book series.
The aliens have invaded, what, where? That's just my neighbour! This could happen, I like that. It makes you think 'my god damn neighbour could be one of these. Lets go live in a cave/underground cavern'.
The end of the world, everyone has an alien transplanted into them. Only a few humans alive. Then suddenly an alien along side a girl trapped inside her own head go to find her human family. This I thought was brilliant. They have conversations with each other all inside the mind and slowly become friends. This alien goes against her own kind to help the humans, who she loves.
I liked the alien more than the girl whose body she's in. So found myself getting annoyed at the boyfriend of said girl. Wanda is great go for Wanda or at least move out the way for Ian.

I loved the whole survival thing to. Going on a raid for food with out getting caught, sounds like fun to me. The thrill each time you do it, makes you realise how lucky we are to have meals each day.
Give it a read but only if you like long periods of time inside rock, no really she does this so great. Or maybe if you like loyal guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment