Tuesday 28 April 2015

Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth

I don't know why people compare this to the hunger games. They have for a start two things in common - A female lead and a horrible government. I'm pretty sure they are not forced into an arena and made to kill each other as entertainment. maybe i'm wrong? The rulers are corrupt yes. But still they do it because they think it's right, not for enjoyment. I enjoyed this book to a certain degree. 
All your life, you know one thing. Factions. When you turn 16 you must chose to stay or leave for another, but never look back. So what happens when you find out what you knew was a lie?
There is a whole world outside you did not know about! What would you do? All your friends are 'impure' so they say! The faction leaders do not want out of their comfort zone, so kill anyone like you! All but the faction you born to, but they get massacred. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
I liked some of the characters. Tris was okay at first but suddenly she wants to play hero, the hero that dies that is...
Get a grip you have a full place to save!
Four I loved. Who wouldn't love four? Abused by his father and still will not be put down! Only four fears, four bloody fears!
Plot was interesting.
I forever say "why can't they just do something, anything at the end of a book that makes the ending AMAZING. Kill them off or they were the bad guy all along" i'm always disappointed at every ending i've ever read. something is always missing. After reading this I realise death was not what I was looking for. I cried like a baby over a character that had started to p*** me off.
But at least it was something. It did how ever feel rushed and a rushed ending is not to great.

No comments:

Post a Comment