Wednesday 29 April 2015

Legacy: An Anthology by Adria J. Cimino and others

Although this is not paticularly fantasy I thought I'd spread the word...
I started this review planning on giving each short story a separate review but it ended up to long for my own liking. I equally don't know how to review this with out doing each story separately, here's to trying.....

I'm not used to reading short stories, so it took me a while (a short while) to stop seeing it as a novel and more as a collection of shorts. I did enjoy a good few of these stories. One or two I could not see the point of (even though I'm sure there is a point (legacy) of course). Although they were still a good read and I didn't even hate one of them!
I actually liked a lot of the characters, well what I saw of them anyway. A few of them I really want to read more about. Some I was left thinking OMG you can not leave it like that. Some I was glad to see the end of.
Here are a few of my favourite....
The Uraniums - Kristopher Jansma
About a band that played only one night and left 238 people amazed.
The Monument - Marissa Stapley
About a old lady who was mean her whole life, then suffered grief and needed something more.
Letters of Night - Didier Quémener
Love letters between two childhood sweet hearts who hadn't seen each other in years.
Four Days Forever - J.J. Hensley
About a lad trying to protect his younger brother from a life of crime, introduced to it by their father.
Stephenie Carroll - Forget Me Not
About a women who's grandma told her and her siblings the third girl born would die at the age of 30.
Adria J. Cimino - Hope
About cassandra who's mother died when she was 6. Her father married again and she ended up alone, feeling her colour didn't match the family she was stuck with.
Although these are my favourites. There are 15 totally different stories, each and everyone is interesting. All of them give you a good reason to think. Which in it's self is a good reason to read this collection of short stories!
I will definitely be reading more books like this in the near future....
Go on now, give it a chance.....

No comments:

Post a Comment