Friday 15 May 2015

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

OMG! This book is a magical roller coaster ghost train ride! You go through every single emotion while reading this! Sadness. Horror. Happiness. Freaked out. You feel all of these things at any given moment! AMAZING. I originally bought this for my Son. As is tradition I read it first before giving it to him, so I know the contents.
Apart from the beginning (parents and sister murdered) it's fine for an eight year old I'd say (maybe your opinion will be different always check first) I also think it's a perfect read for an adult too. There are plenty of odd characters and each one you get attached to. I read this in one night, that is how brilliant it is. Nobody is one of my favourite characters this month. The Jack thing was perfectly planned!! I could almost live in this story for ever. The graveyard bunch are slightly insane but brilliantly together. You could easily read each chapter as a short story if you wished or you could read it in one go and see the chapters build together. Either is good. But whatever you choose, not reading this is not an option! I can totally see how this won the Carnegie and Newbery medals. This deserves the praise of the whole world.
My favourite parts are when the ghosts are mentioned they are mentioned with everything written on their grave... [Example: Doctor Trefusis (1870-1936, May He Wake To Glory) inspected it and pronounced it merely sprained.] I thought this was classic. This whole book could indeed be a classic one day in the long away future. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! I don't know what took me so long......


No comments:

Post a Comment