Saturday 5 September 2015

The Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett

How can I do this book the justice it deserves? I loved seeing into the way, as a writer Terry worked, the process if you like. Yes it might of been better if he were able to finish it, but I think it is perfect for the end, his end, the discworlds end! I can't possibly begin to tell you how sad, happy, excited, on the edge on my seat, then sad again I was throughout this book! Discworld will and have forever been a favourite of mine. On that score let me begin.
A main character dies (or not dies, depending how you see it), times 'a' changing! There will also be a reckoning! Yes there god damn will....
Tiffany Aching has big boots to fill, possibly the biggest in Pratchett's last ever Discworld novel *cries so hard* *big gaping sobs*.
The elves are back in force and every witch must and will fight to keep the peace on the disc. THERE WILL BE A RECKONING!
You know I really haven't got one thing I would change or complain about (I never have with Terry Pratchett novels) all I have to say is read it. READ THEM ALL!
I myself like to think of Terry as the Granny Weatherwax of fantasy, by that I mean I believe he is the unsaid leader of Fantasy Authors (no offence to any author/reader who don't agree.)
There is not one thing he can't make funny, not even death. That is some skill. Although sad to have read the last ever disc novel, I go forth knowing I have 41 brilliant novels on my shelves that I can pick up at anytime and know they will bring joyous laughter!
Where is Terry now? To quote You! Meow...vrywhere!
The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment